Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Recently Completed: Vintage Style Cardigan


This is a cardigan I designed.


I used Artful Yarns Fable. The color is called Cinderella (no. 99), and I knit it on US sz.5 addis. I really love this yarn, it's 85% cotton and 15% silk, and each of the four strands are dyed a different complimentary color, in this case blues and greens. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued, but lucky for me I bought a whole bunch on closeout at Webs.

I'm really pleased with this cardigan; it's the first sweater I designed totally by myself. I think it has a nice vintage look, which is what I wanted. It's a mixture of stockinette, 2x2 ribbing, and seed stitch. I had the seed stitch come up diagonally across the chest so it reaches all the way around at the sleeve openings. It also runs straight across the back. I think it looks really neat.

It also has set in pockets, which are very handy.

When I wear it, I feel like a grandpa, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm really happy about how it came out.

1 comment:

ShopDaughter said...

It's beautiful!!! I love the garter in the front. It adds an awesome contrast!! WTG!